Employer Engagement Team
Our employer engagement team aim to provide you with the support and resources you need to build and maximise the benefits of an inclusive workforce.
Our Directory gives you some quick links to a wide range of specialist organisations which can help to support you. Some of these organisations offer information, advice and resources, whilst others may also offer training opportunities.
“It’s been really beneficial for us as we’ve always got a port of call; having that person that can help from both ends”
Access to Work
Making work possible.
Access to Work is a government scheme that provides practical advice and support to people with disabilities or long term health conditions and their employers to help overcome barriers in the workplace.
Access to work can help you;
- Hire people with a disability or long term health condition who have the skills you need
- Retain an employee who develops a disability or long-term health condition
- Show that you care and value your employees by having good employment policies and practices.
What can access to work pay for?
Access to Work can pay a financial grant towards the cost of any necessary support.
For example it can help pay for;
- Specialist equipment to meet a person’s particular requirements in work, such as voice activated software.
- Adaptations to premises or to existing equipment.
- Help with extra travel costs incurred because of a persons disability
“I know that our other staff like the fact that we are doing things to support other people so I think it’s a great way of attracting people as well”
Become a Disability Confident Employer
The Disability Confident scheme supports employers like you to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to your workplace. Helping you take action to enhance how you recruit retain and develop disabled people.
Join over 15,000 organisations that have already signed up to Disability Confident and are playing a leading role in changing attitudes for the better. Changing behaviours and culture in their own businesses, networks and communities and reaping the benefits of inclusive recruitment practices.
The scheme has been designed as a journey with all employers starting at level one and progressing at their own pace to achieving Disability Confident Leader status.
Being a Disability Confident Employer can benefit your organisation in a number of ways.